Glitter Words
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Emeryn (080706)





Still i could recall the historical date of 08/07/06. It was the day when Emeryn was brought to this world to celebrate the loves between her mum and dad.

at about 12am, i was awake by a sudden light leakage. oh gosh, could it be the time i'm gonna give birth? i'm all alone back then as jim was out with friends and steadily i make my way to the washroom and had a shower. i knew i gotta shower if i'm gonna deliver later else i couldn't shower during the one month confinement period...(aww..talking about confinement, it could kill me)

I told myself to stay calm and make a phone call to get Jim to come home. i'm well prepared for the delivery but wasn't expecting it could be so soon. my due date was on the 20th... at 4am, i was admitted to lam wah ee hosp and told that my water bag ain't broke. urghh... shameful me...but good news was my birth canal was dilated and it was at 3cm when i was admitted. Well, i was put in the delivery room whereby the nurses monitor my lil` fragile baby's heart beat.

Everything went on smoothly and i get Jim back home to have a rest. impatiently i keep counting down... when will dr shankar be here to attend me?? am i going to deliver now?? if not now, when??? will i suffer great labor pain?? lots of different silly questions keep flashing in and out in the mind of the first time mum. from 3cm to 4cm, 5cm and ended at 6cm when it was around 10am... wow, amazing !!! i wasn't suffering from any slight pain thou it was dilated at 6cm.. thanks to those swimming session i had... i was given an induction which helps fasten the delivery.

I remembered sms-ing my friends informing them i'm gonna deliver anytime soon and even have mood to sing along with the pipe-in music in the hospital... funny??? later about10.30am, Jim arrived with his precious notebook.. we were talking as usual and he was surfing net in the delivery room. the nurse insisted to add the speed to the induction.. i could feel a slight pain after not long but yet i could still bear the little pain..

I remembered at the peak of the pain, i told the nurse i need an injection to make me feel better... the nurse agreed and promised to come back in a second.. before she has the chance to leave the room, i started grumbling and moaning in pain, tossing around, feeling very very uneasy... oh boy!!! emeryn could no longer wait.. she is rushing to come to this new world... everything was prepared by the nurses and last but not least, here come dr shankar... i started to have tremendous pain but i try to control myself... by the way, i did it quite good thou...

And here goes the
@#@!@##%~&()^$#!&+_(^$#!%%$&)#(_&%`~=... on my fourth hard push, emeryn was finally delivered at around 12.18pm.. i could hear emeryn crying.. without realizing, tears running down my lips... uhhhhh... finally... yes, finally i won the battle...I'm officially now a mum, a mother to Emeryn...

No comments: