Glitter Words
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Pain of Motherhood


4th June 2007, Monday about 1am.... There was a sudden knock on the door and it was suti carrying emeryn... Jim was the first to attend to them and the shock hit me when I saw emeryn was shivering and motionless...her eyes were starred to only one sided and widely open, her body became very stiff and her neck became so straight upward... gosh, what has hit my little princess??? I was shocked.. I was panicked... I was traumatized. Call me stupid... call me fool... I've not seen those reactions in Emeryn before... I thought im losing her... all stupid thoughts came rushing to my empty mind... I was so scared and eventually i was sobbing...

I held her tight on my arm and repeatedly calling out her name....but to no evil... emeryn ain't answering nor give me any response... both me & Jim rushed her to Hope Children... Jim drove extremely fast hoping that Emeryn could reach the hospital soon.. I kept calling Emeryn's name in the hope that she will response... but sad thing is she did not even cry or shout.. I can't hear a single tiny voice from her at all... part of me wanted her to stop shivering so that she won't suffer... and part of me wanted her to continue shivering till at least she is safe in the hands of the doctor.. I kept on checking on her heart beat.. I've gone insane... I've lost my mind seeing emeryn in such a way... Gosh, the feeling is just indescribable... The pain of a mother seeing her own flesh suffering but stood there helplessly...

Luckily emeryn stopped shivering upon reaching the hospital but yet she slept there motionless... after a few minutes, she started to roll her eye balls and try to move... The doctor gave her an injection and took some of her blood specimen for test...doctor said emeryn was down with epilepsy and high fever... it was 39 deg... gosh, what a careless mum I am for not being notices it much earlier??? Blame it on me... finally she was admitted and was put on drip.. and then later on, she started making some noise as though she is complaining her painful experience to mummy and daddy... her baby talks actually... it crashed my heart seeing Emeryn in such a way... How I wish I could replace her for all this??? it pains me so badly... it hurts... it makes me realize how much I could not afford to lose emeryn, how much she meant the world for me and how fragile life could be...

Both me & jim went home around 3am after emeryn has settled down... she kept on crying so loud and non-stop upon reaching the ward... perhaps she doesn't like to be there.. mummy knows she wanted to go home...

I took half day leave and reached the hospital about 1pm again... emeryn looked a lot better and still so active... my precious baby is always so tough...i carried her, I talked to her, I played with her.. i spend my time with her as tough there's no tomorrow... i showed her Parenthood magazine on some babies and teddy bears, trying to relate some stories in between... Emeryn seems so focused on all those teddy bears in the magazine... I then asked her to kiss the teddy bear and guess what?????? She did as what I said... she knows what teddy bear is and she knows what's kiss??? Such an intelligent baby of mine... she kissed the entire teddy in the magazine... isn't that sweet???

At 4pm, I make my way to Gurney plaza in order to get emeryn a teddy bear since she showed those signs earlier and also some fruit juice as she do not want to drink plain water... Choosy emeryn... But at least she is happy seeing her new teddy bear.. it's worth all the effort I've put it... emeryn's laughter is worth more than anything to me...

Her fever goes up and down just like a roller coaster... luckily her blood test doesn't show any bad symptoms.. the doctor claimed that such high fever will actually last for at least 2-3 days... God, my little princess has to go through all this hell for at least a day... it's bad... it's just not good at all... she's only 10months old toddler...why she has to go through all this??? At last she is now sleeping soundly and I'm typing away my last paragraph...I'm going off soon and be back here again at 1pm tomorrow..

Pity her that she can't leave the room as she is still on drip... I sneaked some toy from the public area and bring it to the room in order for emeryn to enjoy herself.. let's pray for a fast recovery... to my tough princess, stay tough and get well soon... mummy loves you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Selina,

I do hope Emeryn will recover soon from her fever. I doubt it is epilepsy if this is her first time. Probably just seizure due to the very high temperature. Most important is to get her temp down.

My boys had very high fever recently too. Had to keep sponge bath them and keep them cool in aircon room. My youngest had to opt for suppository coz his fever up to 39.9 degree. It was a viral fever.

In case you want to know more abt epilepsy.. you can check out this site...
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/brain_nervous/epilepsy.html

Pls keep us updated and huggies to poor Emeryn. GET WELL SOON LITTLE PRINCESS !!

:) A.Sharon

Yeok Tho said...

even i could feel the pain by the way you described it. anyway, glad it all went well, and that emeryn is recovering well. and emeryn, "get well soon!" take care of her! :)

Selina said...

Thanks guys... her fever is still yet to be stable at the moment as the doctor claimed it takes 48hrs for the medicine to work better.. we have just get the doc to take off the drips from her.. she could now move anywhere she wants.. i'll pray hard for a fast recovery... been very tired going on and off to the hosp... sigh...