Glitter Words
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, May 4, 2007

Finalist for "Most Beautiful Mom" contest


[beautiful mum contest1s.jpg]
I received a call from Gurney Plaza management that i was chosen as one of the 14 finalist in the contest... I'm so so happy...and i never expect i could go that far.... seriously never thought of that...the lady was asking for my height, weight, body stat... shame la....

I submitted my entry yesterday.. At first i were quite reluctant to submit upon reading all the terms and conditions...all the finalists need to parade a casual wear, elegant dinner wear and sport wear... well, i'm not up to this and never got to the stage doing so in my whole entire life....and i never thought it will ever happen on me... i thought all these contests are meant for super model only and i never pictured myself like a super model...imagine having catwalk in the stage... i was taken aback after reading it and gave myself a second thought... should i or shouldn't i proceed??? well, what the heck since i've prepared the photo... just give it a try... and here i go... i rushed like mad as i parked my car at the illegal parking...finally submitted everything....job done...

Gosh, i still can't believe it that i'm one of the finalist.....Jim wasn't giving me any support and keeps pushing me down and try to demotivate me... terrible husband... maybe he's jealous... this year is the first year i'm celebrating mother's day... and i'm showered with so many gifts...

First emeryn got a consolation for jusco baby contest, followed by winning the Mini Me contest by Parenthood and now the finalist for Most Beautiful Mom... i admit i don't have the charm to be the most beautiful mum but at least i am one to emeryn... the least i could be.... hope we will win more and more contest and keep it as a good memory of having emeryn in my life... without emeryn, i shall not be so proud... she's my only priceless princess... thanks, Emeryn....

Come to the bad news now after the long story... Gurney Plaza management needs all the finalists to be there on this Sun for a photo shoot and make up session by Stella-In... too bad, i will be away for my holiday... the lady said will call me back to confirm again... sigh... a happy moment lasted me for about 2 minutes and then poured over the bad news to me... so cruel :( i don't want to forgo my trip yet i don't want to forgo such a good chance....

Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow !! Indeed it is GREAT NEWS !! Aiyaa... too bad it had to coincide with your travel plans. Hopefully they can be lenient to you. Hoping for the best ... Congratulations !!! Emeryn must be so proud of you. Am sure Jim is too :)

Selina said...

Well, i called up the lady and told me she will check the availability of the photo studio. If available, i could go there in the afternoon for the photo.. but i have to get my own make-up and hairdo..Stella-In RM80 for make-up and Theatre Hair Salon RM45. Later she said they can't accomodate to my request... Earlier i was a bit reluctant as i dare not model myself on stage but when found out i could not participate, i feel a bit sad... Yea, now i know what's the feeling of not appreciating something before it's gone..Later the lady called again asking if i could make it after my trip on Thur.. I said YES and she will reconfirm again.. but till now i hav yet to receive anything from them... i'm like a fool...yes, no, yes, no from them... Gosh...i rather enjoy my holiday than thinking of it...

Selina said...

Yeah, at last I'm in.. went for the reheasal just now and saw lotsa beautiful mums... feeling inferior actually :(